We offer our customers and clients a sacred space for allowing transformation towards the fullest expression of ‘SELF ‘ integrating mindful body movement using a system called, The GYROTONIC EXPANION SYSTEM® & the chair/mat movement style of The GYROKINESIS® Method. Gyrotonic sessions are designed to take the body beyond it’s current limitations. People come out of a Gyrotonic session with increased freedom of movement, greater strength, and more agility. Athletes improve performance. Rehabilitation clients recover quicker, and more fully post injury.
Some Benefits Include:
- It increases strength by engaging different types of muscle activity.
- It develops greater range of motion to improve residual stiffness of the joints.
- It aligns nervous system function and muscle activity to produce precise movement.
- It accelerates active muscle recovery to help prevent injury during intensive training periods
- It promotes awareness of how to use deep core muscles to maintain a healthy spine.
- It engages fascia into movement to support and prolong the result of treatment such as myofascial release or massage.
- It coordinates deep diaphragmatic breathing with core muscle activity and movement.
- It practices three dimensional movements to elongate the spine with greater control.
- It moves the spine as a single entity.
What to bring:
bottle of water, small hand towel and socks.
–Please wear comfortable clothing you might wear to a yoga class (non restrictive).
–Please arrive 10 minutes early to be respectful of starting on time.
GYROTONIC® Method uses equipment and teacher for each session.
$170 New Client Introductory
Includes 3 private GYROTONIC® Method lesson (This package is nearly 4 hrs of Mindful Body Work, each lesson is 75 min in length.
Private Lesson Sessions
30 Minute Mini Sessions Include: One private GYROTONIC® Method lesson: $ 45 Five private GYROTONIC® Method lessons: $220 Ten private GYROTONIC® Method lessons: $400
75 Min Restorative Sessions Include: One private GYROTONIC® Method lesson: $ 75
Five private GYROTONIC® Method lessons: $350
Ten private GYROTONIC® Method lessons: $700
*each lesson is 75 minutes in length.
Note: Whole Body Vibration Therapy is included with each session.
We accept Checks, Cash and/or Credit Cards and HSA & FSA Debit Cards
Please make all checks payable to: Joan West
Contact Joan West for scheduling or questions.
Meet Joan, Your Gyrotonic Instructor
Joan WAS Born and raised in Maine, (Hermon) she is enjoying sharing her body movement experience with the GYROTONIC® Method back in her home state.
She is a Licensed GYROTONIC® Method Trainer, Experience in Specialized Course Applications for Equestrians, and a Licensed GYROKINESIS® Method Trainer.
She has accomplished her training in many cities, including, Charleston and Columbia, South Carolina, Cincinnati, Ohio, Sarasota, Florida and Washington, DC. She has had the privilege of working with multiple master trainers within the corporate Gyrotonic Headquarters. Twinsfeather Well-Being Studio is one of the 4,000 plus GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM® Training facilities located all over the world and 1 of 3 in Maine.
GYROTONIC®, GYROTONIC® & Logo, GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM® and GYROKINESIS® are registered trademarks of Gyrotonic Sales Corp and are used with their permission.